Welcome to KCP&L's MySmart Portal!
When it comes to saving energy, knowledge is power. As a resident of KCP&L's SmartGrid Demonstration Area, we are excited to put the key to smarter energy use in the palm of your hand.
What can you do in MySmart Portal?
- View your estimated monthly bill and find out how much you've spent so far this month.
- Set energy saving goals and track your progress.
- Get tips on what you can do in your home to reach your energy saving goals.
- Review dynamic charts showing your home's energy consumption and costs and how that compares to other homes in your community.
- Participate in discussions with your utility representatives and fellow SmartGrid participants.
Make the most of MySmart Portal
As a resident in the SmartGrid demonstration area, you are among the first in KCP&L's service territory to have access to a suite of free products designed to help you manage your electricity usage and monthly bills. When used with MySmart Portal, these free products can help you do even more to reduce or shift your energy usage and lower your monthly bill. To learn more about these free products, click on the links below.
Ready to get started? It's as easy as 1-2-3.
- Set up your MySmart Portal account which can be accessed through AccountLink. If you are new to AccountLink, sign up using your KCP&L account number found in the upper right-hand corner of your bill. Already using AccountLink? Simply log in with your username and password using the log in area at the top of the page.
- Once registration is complete and you are on your AccountLink homepage, click the "View Now" button or "MySmart Portal" link to open up your MySmart Portal and fill out a few simple questions about your home.
- Bookmark KCPLSmartGrid.com in your Web browser, and dive in to MySmart Portal's free resources and information. You can access MySmart Portal as often as you like – the more you know about your energy use, the better you can manage it (and the more you can save on your monthly bills!).
MySmart Products and Services
Online tool that helps customers understand the impact of their electricity use and encourages them to make decisions that conserve energy and help the environment.
In-home display that provides real-time information that increases awareness of electricity use and identifies opportunities to reduce consumption and save money.
Thermostat that can program temperatures based on season, resulting in up to 20 percent savings in heating and cooling bills.
Internet-based home area network (HAN) that allows you to remotely manage appliances and electronics.
Program that allows customers to better manage their electricity by shifting electricity consumption to off-peak times, while providing KCP&L information about customer behavior.